Here we go...it's been a week... a week of not doing much really... either spending my day in the blue world consuming compressed air or lying in bed, eating, sleeping and... watching movies!
Yes, I have been in looking for work... not that hard (yes okay... I have to admit, but I guess I have my reasons). I thought my mom had it all sorted out for me... well... it all got mixed up... contacted the hotel I was supposed to maybe work for... and they asked em to forward them my CV again and well still waiting... the other places are not replying either so... conclusion: I'm bored!!!
After 3 days of doing nothing my mum had enough and she told me to do something about it cause she was just fed up with me being grumping for no reasons really. So on Wednesday afternoon I decided to go for a visit to my scuba diving club...
HAHA well it was the best moved I have done since I arrived really... Saw 'my' scuba-diving instructor (yes the one... for those who wonder...!!!) and the usual questions I have to face: "So you're married? Any kids?" and so forth.... :p He's gonna have this against me for the rest of my life!!! Oh well maybe one days... when I'll be there and I'll be single and he'll be single too.. so... we have very few chances! Anyway, moving one, so saw him, went snorkeling... and yes I have to agree I was missing the clear blue lagoo warm water.... I did not get out of it for the whole afternoon!!! Went back home with a big smile and my mum was as happy as I was!! : )
So to keep the 'happy' feeling up in the air I put my name down for a dive the next morning, the next night and the Sunday (whole day trip to the island in front of Tahiti-> Moorea). Rest of the week went so fast (funny that!). Night diving was AWESOME!!!! It was a wreck dive (for you diving buddies) and you know what I had never tried just hiding the light and let the light of others just show you the scenery... it's wonderful!!! You see the outline of the wreck and the light filtering through the broken pieces and pretty amazing (kind of like in The Abyss or any movies with underwater night scenes _I was gonna give Titanic as an example but I thought I shouldn't... just a thought :p)!
Then, arrived Sunday... today... well bad weather... raining (not like in Auckland... when it rains in the tropics it really RAINS). Thought they might cancel the trip but hey the sea was calm so we still headed out... it ended up being really nice... well the trip was an experience being completely drenched and the rain hitting your hitting your face was yeah... actually pretty cool! (I am not going to say that I even got cold cause most of you will end up chocking... but yes I, well we all did). The dives were great(lots of sharks)... Realized that I really must have been a fish in an another life!!! Anyway, on the way back... the sky had cleared and the water was even calmer. Seating at the front of the boat, watching the irregularities of the surface of the sea, the shapeless clouds bringing the evening skylight, I got lost on the horizon line... (and somewhere too deep into my thoughts like I'm doing right now with these words). Somewhere out there, a few miles away, a week ago, there was (where technically still is...) a place where I have spent 4 years. A place where I had established a routine, a 'home', a life I guess and a circle of friends (some of them I could even say family)! If this was a movie I would some blues music in the background it would add to the blue tint of the landscape. Bizarre way of ending a good day... maybe the hot mark of a week... who knows (I'd say way too much time to get lost of my thoughts)!
Conclusion: Yes, nostalgia did hit me... I guess I'm on my own I do have a whole life to rebuild and kind of lost cause yes I do have a ticket to NY but really that's about it... so what am I doing... what's the plan... I have no clue!!! I'm lost and start to realize it! It's time to come back down to earth and stop living in the dream. Face reality: it's fucking hard to find a job!!!!
Yes, I have been in looking for work... not that hard (yes okay... I have to admit, but I guess I have my reasons). I thought my mom had it all sorted out for me... well... it all got mixed up... contacted the hotel I was supposed to maybe work for... and they asked em to forward them my CV again and well still waiting... the other places are not replying either so... conclusion: I'm bored!!!
After 3 days of doing nothing my mum had enough and she told me to do something about it cause she was just fed up with me being grumping for no reasons really. So on Wednesday afternoon I decided to go for a visit to my scuba diving club...
HAHA well it was the best moved I have done since I arrived really... Saw 'my' scuba-diving instructor (yes the one... for those who wonder...!!!) and the usual questions I have to face: "So you're married? Any kids?" and so forth.... :p He's gonna have this against me for the rest of my life!!! Oh well maybe one days... when I'll be there and I'll be single and he'll be single too.. so... we have very few chances! Anyway, moving one, so saw him, went snorkeling... and yes I have to agree I was missing the clear blue lagoo warm water.... I did not get out of it for the whole afternoon!!! Went back home with a big smile and my mum was as happy as I was!! : )
So to keep the 'happy' feeling up in the air I put my name down for a dive the next morning, the next night and the Sunday (whole day trip to the island in front of Tahiti-> Moorea). Rest of the week went so fast (funny that!). Night diving was AWESOME!!!! It was a wreck dive (for you diving buddies) and you know what I had never tried just hiding the light and let the light of others just show you the scenery... it's wonderful!!! You see the outline of the wreck and the light filtering through the broken pieces and pretty amazing (kind of like in The Abyss or any movies with underwater night scenes _I was gonna give Titanic as an example but I thought I shouldn't... just a thought :p)!
Then, arrived Sunday... today... well bad weather... raining (not like in Auckland... when it rains in the tropics it really RAINS). Thought they might cancel the trip but hey the sea was calm so we still headed out... it ended up being really nice... well the trip was an experience being completely drenched and the rain hitting your hitting your face was yeah... actually pretty cool! (I am not going to say that I even got cold cause most of you will end up chocking... but yes I, well we all did). The dives were great(lots of sharks)... Realized that I really must have been a fish in an another life!!! Anyway, on the way back... the sky had cleared and the water was even calmer. Seating at the front of the boat, watching the irregularities of the surface of the sea, the shapeless clouds bringing the evening skylight, I got lost on the horizon line... (and somewhere too deep into my thoughts like I'm doing right now with these words). Somewhere out there, a few miles away, a week ago, there was (where technically still is...) a place where I have spent 4 years. A place where I had established a routine, a 'home', a life I guess and a circle of friends (some of them I could even say family)! If this was a movie I would some blues music in the background it would add to the blue tint of the landscape. Bizarre way of ending a good day... maybe the hot mark of a week... who knows (I'd say way too much time to get lost of my thoughts)!
Conclusion: Yes, nostalgia did hit me... I guess I'm on my own I do have a whole life to rebuild and kind of lost cause yes I do have a ticket to NY but really that's about it... so what am I doing... what's the plan... I have no clue!!! I'm lost and start to realize it! It's time to come back down to earth and stop living in the dream. Face reality: it's fucking hard to find a job!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment