Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Hit the Heat

I have been what I guess I could call home for a bit more than 24 hours now and... it's HOT!!!! I have acclimatised a bit since yesterday but still.... Still drinking more than one liter a day... (to compensate with the liters that my body evacuates second).

I guess I have done a good flight... 5 and a half hours sitting to a rather pretty good looking man with wide spread mussel-y legs (which were invading my own space). I had chosen to watch "The Queen" as she won the Oscar... but I fell asleep after 20 minutes or so... i don't know if it was because of her performance or my tiredness but I would say that the later had a big influence.

My mother (and my dog) were at the airport to welcome me... which was really nice... She was amazed by the fact that they let me in with that many luggages:
-in the plane: my video camera, my laptop and my small Kathmandu day pack.
-in the cockpit: a huge bag (with which I needed help to close) and a small other one.
I actually was surprised myself... I thought I would have to pay fines for excess luggage when I registered (48 kilos!!!). And I thought I would have problems at the entrance of the plane with my 3 big bags. But I guess I am underestimating the flexibility or a Tahitian airline... I guess it's part of the culture (Thank god!!!). Anyway, I can say that they are do take care of their customer...-> my video camera did the journey in the captain's cabin!!! What a lucky video camera!

Anyway so in 24 hours what have I achieved... well not much really... i have read 3/4 of a book, watch a French movie, managed to call a few hotels to find work and had a swim! Tomorrow, I'll make sure I'll be a little more busy!!! HAHAH




5 comments:

the alchemist said...

oh my GOSH!!!!

You Downloaded that pic from somewhere didnt you???!!!!
Or Photoshopped it??!?!!

That looks TOO good to be true!!
hahaha

well... guess like you ARE living in a dream to me!

happy for you Chloe!
Not thinkin about u not being here..
soo.... see u later?! ;)

love
Cliff

Anonymous said...

wow, looks bright and lovely, we are definitely on into autumn now here, getting COLD, glad you got there safe :)

glenn w xo

Anonymous said...

hi chloe, germany is waiting for u :-) !!

so i think you are doing well to leave aotearoa since nowadays there is some volcano-action there ...

Chloe said...

Germany is waiting for me.... Is it Philip or Manuel?.... hm.... (Yeah saw that in the newspaper here! Crazy!!)

Anonymous said...

i work in an office without windows :(